Topic: Easter Eggs-periments [EASTER 2015 Entry]

Directory Link

Easter Eggs-periments  [EASTER 2015 Entry]

Click here to watch

Our entry to the EASTER 2015 Contest on BricksInMotion.com. The purpose was to create a 20-second-brickfilm about Easter. Enjoy!

Re: Easter Eggs-periments [EASTER 2015 Entry]

This is a lovely, Easter-spirited short. Nice work, Legostudios01! I like the whole idea of conducting a rather intensive experiment for the sake of creating a colored Easter egg. I though that was a very clever and I found myself delightfully laughing at the reveal of the green egg.

I'm sure that the twenty second time restraint can be difficult to work around at times, but your film really shows just how wonderful a brief film can be. The animation of both scientists is consistently smooth and the inventive animation of the clay, for example, being used as a chemical to transfer from one flask to another, was particularly creative. I was also impressed by how you took the time to visually add the video game to the LEGO brick in order to create a more convincing effect.

Great work you have here, Legostudio01. This is an original approach on an old idea, and I like that. The animation was great, and so was the lighting. The transitions were hard to keep up with because I wasn't sure which frame to look at, but it worked. Again, nice job. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thank you so much for the kind words, Willow Tree! I'm very happy that you liked the film!
I'm also really thankful for your feedback, rioforce! mini/smile

First off, this was one of my favorite entries. Period.

The set is clean and bright, yet with some good attention to details. The animation is smooth, and communicates the (simple) story clearly. The clips sliding side-to-side was a great way to get more in without the usually rapid cutting, and it worked beautifully in the context.

I do have to say that the story isn't the most original or inventive,* but the execution was great, and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for entering!

*No pun intended.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Prtichard said. Excellent work, you guys!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Egg-cellent. The set was not extremely detailed, but still demonstrated enough for the viewer to see what it was. I really love the montage, it was a fresh way to show progress. All the movements were smooth, giving this a very polished feel.